Error saving Excelfile
Eckhard Sallermann
2007-07-10 08:20:22 UTC

WINXP SP2, VO 2.8, Excel2000

take a look at the attached file, i donŽt know why this error comes up, for
some day, without any changes to the Application, suddenly this error comes
up ?!?!?!

Hope, someone can help me.

Office was deinstalled and reinstalled, but the error stay.

Ecki
Eckhard Sallermann
2007-07-10 08:22:01 UTC
Hmmm, can not attache the file, okay, here the logfile

***********************ERROR********************************
Visual Objects (Version 2.8. Build 0.2816), Version 2.8
10.07.2007 08:22:17
Application: R:\VO28Apps\189FueralleUser\B+R-Listen.exe

Error message:
--------------
Error Code: Ausnahmefehler des Servers.

Subsystem: OLE Automation Client
Error Subcode: 2147549445
Function: SAVEAS

CallStack:
__OLEERRORHANDLER (Line: 18)
OLEAUTOOBJECT:__INVOKE (Line: 385)
OLEAUTOOBJECT:__INVOKEMETHOD (Line: 10)
_WORKBOOK:SAVEAS (Line: 73)
RENNERPENNERKUNDE:EXPORTRENNERPENNERKUNDE (Line: 878)

Error Object created:
--------------------
SubSystem :OLE Automation Client
SubCode :2147549445
GenCode :Warte...
OsCode :0
ArgType :NIL
FuncPtr :0x00000000
ArgNum :0
FuncSym :SAVEAS
Severity :0
CanDefault :.T.
CanRetry :.F.
CanSubstitute :.F.
Operation :
Description :Ausnahmefehler des Servers.

FileName :
Tries :0
FileHandle :0
SubCodeText :
Arg :
ArgTypeReq :NIL
MaxSize :0
SubstituteType :NIL
CallFuncSym :
--------------------
Meinhard Schnoor-Matriciani
2007-07-10 11:59:41 UTC
Ecki,

I've done a couple of quick searches and came to the following result. The
errorcode 2147549445 indicates that there's a RPC server error. Due to the
fact that the error is bound to one specific machine I would state that
something there has harmed the RPC subsystem. Propably reinstalling windows
might help.

Regards
Meinhard
Eckhard Sallermann

Meinhard
Eckhard Sallermann
Meinhard
Eckhard Sallermann
2007-07-23 14:34:54 UTC
Now this error comes up on my maschine, with another application, can not
find the error !!!

am i the only one who has this error ????
Meinhard
Eckhard Sallermann
Ecki
Eckhard Sallermann
2007-07-24 07:49:44 UTC
what i mean is

oWorkbook:saveas( cfilename ) is okay

but

oWorkbook:saveas( cfilename , xlExcel9795 ) the app crashes
Ecki
simon
2007-07-26 00:09:07 UTC
Not sure this is of any use but these are the notes I have on the
parameters in the SaveAs method:

oWKBook:SaveAs(sFileName,; //Filename, AS USUAL
xlNormal,; //FileFormat, AS USUAL
"",; //Password, AS USUAL
"",; //WriteResPassword, AS USUAL
FALSE,; //ReadOnlyRecommended, AS USUAL
FALSE,; //CreateBackup, AS USUAL
NIL,; //AccessMode,;
NIL,; //ConflictResolution, AS USUAL
NIL,; //AddToMru, AS USUAL
NIL,; //TextCodepage, AS USUAL
NIL) //TextVisualLayout, AS USUAL

These are the define values I have for xlNormal and xlExcel9795 just
incase yours are different.

DEFINE xlNormal := -4143
DEFINE xlExcel9795 := 43

HTH

Simon
Post by Eckhard Sallermann
when only giving the first parameter ( leaving all other paramteters ) ,
the filename, it work, when giving the second parameter the App crashes
Post by Eckhard Sallermann
Hi,
WINXP SP2, VO 2.8, Excel2000
take a look at the attached file, i don´t know why this error comes up,
simon
Eckhard Sallermann